What is SQLSaturday?
It's a free one day learning event for SQL Server professionals, loosely patterned on the well known Code Camp model and organized by the Orlando SQL Server Users Group. Please visit our sponsor page to see all the great companies that are supporting the event. You can download the event flyer from here.
When and where will it be held?
November 10, 2007 at the Heathrow Campus of Seminole Community College (Note: this is not the same location as the most recent Code Camp, but is in the same general area). Our thanks to Lenny Portelli, Department Chair of Information Technology at SCC for providing us with a first class facility for the event!
When will the schedule of sessions be posted?
We have 30 great sessions featuring a great mix of speakers; Andy Warren, Barry Ralston, Bayer White, Brandon Kelly, Brian Knight, Chris Rock, David Eichner, Donnie Reynolds, Jean-Claude Armand, Jeffrey Garbus, Jessica Moss, Joe Celko, Joe Healy, Jon Winer, Jose Fuentes, Ken Tucker, Kendal Van Dyke, Kevin Jacobs, Michael Wells, Mike Antonovich, Pam Shaw, Patrick Thompson, Scott Farriss, Shawn Weisfeld, Trey Johnson, and Wes Dumey.
Visit our schedule page for details!
What else can you tell me about the event?
Glad you asked! Here are some quick highlights:
- It's sponsored by oPASS (visit www.opass.org for more info)
- Check in for the event starts at 8 am (to make it doable for attendees from Jacksonville, Tampa, etc)
- We'll have coffee and bagels or doughnuts for breakfast and lunch will be provided
- No keynote! Direct to sessions at 9 am
- Every hour on the hour we'll be raffling off a prize or two!
- A keep it simple wrap up at the end with a few more prizes - the big ones of course!
- For those who want to have some quality time to talk shop, meet the speakers, etc, we'll be adjourning to Bahama Breeze in Altamonte Springs immediately following the event
Take I-4 to the Lake Mary exit (Exit 98). Go west on Lake Mary Blvd about 1/4 mile and turn right on International Parkway. Continue north on International Parkway for about one mile, turn left on AAA drive (look for the AAA building on the left), the SCC Heathrow Campus is about a 1/4 mile on the right.
All of these are located within 3 miles of the event. There are plenty of local restaurants nearby.