It's Spring - Are You Still Compressed?
In this session we will review the growing parts of rows and how to keep them as lean as possible.
The following topics will be studied:
• Row structure with a concentration on the parts that grow
• Row and page compression and their effect on row structure
• Prefix and Dictionary compression and their effect on row structure
• The CPU cost of running queries against compressed data
• Some strategies for compressing various data
• Leave the attendees with additional demos and scripts for studying compression and testing it on your own machine
No material found.