Welcome to SQLSaturday
SQLSaturday is a
training event for SQL Server professionals and those wanting to learn about
SQL Server. The fourth edition of this event to hit Birmingham will be held May
12, 2012 at Jefferson State Community College Shelby-Hoover Campus Health
Science Building, 4600 Valleydale Road, Birmingham, AL 35243. Admittance to
this event is free, all costs are covered by donations and sponsorships. Please
register soon as seating is limited, and let friends and colleages know about
What should you expect
at our event?
- 25 technical session relating to SQL Server and SQL
Server related topics from twelve local, regional and national experts and
- Breakfast and beverages provided courtesy of Silver
- Lunch provided courtesy of Platinum Sponsor Confio
- The best networking opportunity you will find to meet
and mingle with like-minded SQL Server professionals in Birmingham and the
- Awesome swag and prizes and all of this for FREE.
Prizes you say?
Tell me more. How about:
- An XBOX 360 Kinect courtesy of Steel City SQL.
- A Kindle Fire courtesy of Platinum Sponsor Confio
- A Lenovo Ideapad A1 Tablet courtesy of Steel City SQL
- A $200 Amazon Gift Card courtesy of Gold Sponsor Idera
- A $100 Best Buy Gift Card courtesy of Gold Sponsor
- A Roku Streaming Media Device courtesy of Gold Sponsor
- A SQL DBA Bundle and SQL Developer Bundle courtesy of
Gold Sponsor Red Gate Software
- A Set of the 2011 PASS Summit Session DVDs courtesy of
SQL Saturday Partner PASS
- Plus books, thumb drives, paid training access and much
Where you need to go:
- The address is 4600 Valleydale
Road, Birmingham, AL 35243. Your GPS might get you to the campus,
but it might not get you to the right building.
- There are two main buildings of
the Shelby-Hoover campus, we will be in the newer Health Sciences
- The Health Sciences Building is
the one on the corner of Jaguar Drive and Valleydale Road across from
- If you show up at 8am on
Saturday and there are not a bunch of folks scrambling around getting
ready for the event you are in the wrong building. Hop in your car
and head to the other building.
When you need to be there:
- Doors will open for attendees
- Main registration check in will
begin promptly at 8:00am and go until 8:45am
- At 8:45am until 9:00am we will
have an opening session to cover the events of the day.
- At 9:00am late registration
check in will begin and continue throughout the day as needed.
- The first technical sessions
begin at 9:15am
What you need to bring:
What is SpeedPASS? It is something new this year that is
your ticket to the event, and it includes:
- Your Admission Ticket
- Your Name Badge
- Your Raffle Tickets
- And all of this in a
convenient PDF that prints out on a single sheet of paper
So all you have to do is:
- Click LOG IN just below the
Ribbon Menu above where is says Speakers
- Log in to your account with your
- Click on [view profile] (same
area of the page where you just typed in your login credentials)
- On your profile page find the
second section called Event Registrations
- Locate the row for Event Name =
SQLSaturday #112 - Birmingham 2012
- In the second to last column
(SpeedPASS), click the printer icon to download your SpeedPASS pdf
- Print out the page
- And bring it with you (Don’t
worry about cutting it up beforehand, we will have plenty of scissors)
- Show it at the Registration
- Hold the rest for the Opening
Session at 8:45am
We will have limited
availability to print your SpeedPASS onsite if you don't bring it with you, but
you will likely have to wait until later in the morning to pick it up. As
a bonus for those who show up with your SpeedPASS in hand and ready to go, you
will have your choice of a thumb drive or a one week membership to Pluralsight
online training available at the Registration Desk at the time of check in WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
*We do ask that you consider to OPT-IN for the Sponsors of this event. Without their assistance, we cannot bring this FREE event to you. You can always opt-out if and when they contact! Thank you for your consideration.
Click here to view/download event summary in XML format.