Apr 27, 2013
We appreciate you taking time to consider sponsoring SQLSaturday #215 and we’ve put together some information that will tell our about plans for the event and show you how your company will benefit from sponsoring our event.
SQLSaturday is a one day free learning event focused on SQL Server that is being organized by the Jacksonville SQL Server Users Group (JSSUG, located at www.jssug.com) and hosted by The University of North Florida. Details of the event can be found at www.sqlsaturday.com and we outline some of the high points below with a focus on sponsors.
- Provide a first class training experience for our attendees. Even though it will be free, we plan to try to make it as good or better than a similar paid for event
- Provide a great networking experience for SQL Server professionals, vendors, and employers
- Build our speaker pool. We’ve worked hard to get local speakers for the event and have even worked out an arrangement with a local training company to help them prepare for the event.
- Build relationships with sponsors. JSSUG is funded entirely through donations and we hope that you’ll see JSSUG as a good venue for highlighting your products, services, or just as a good place to look for SQL talent.
How Much Does It Cost To Be a Sponsor?
Sponsorship ranges from $250 to $1000 depending on the package you select, and we’re always willing to discuss custom solutions to meet your needs.
Bronze Sponsorhip Benefits - $250 prepaid
- Listed on our sponsor page on the SQLSaturday.com web site
- Included in the printed event guide given to all attendees upon arrival
- Option to include a one page flyer in the event bag given to each attendee upon arrival (sponsor must provide)
- May donate prizes for the end of event raffle
- Mentioned at the end of event wrap up
Silver Sponsorship Benefits (only 10 available) - $500 prepaid
- One table in our exhibitor area located near registration and food, two chairs, and limited access to 110v power
- Can include a multipage brochure and DVD in the event bag
- Included in the Sponsor Stampede to encourage booth visits (see below sample)
- Can collect raffle tickets with attendees contact information (see below Sample Raffle Ticket for more information on this benefit)
Gold Sponsorship Benefits (only 5 available) - $1000 prepaid
- Includes all benefits of the Silver sponsorship
- Premium location in vendor area.
- Sponsor signage in each of the session rooms (vendor responsible for the signage)
- 5 minute video or demo (vendor films this) exclusively broadcasts in lobby on a loop
email@example.com). Items received after that will not be added to event bags but will be made available to attendees on a table near registration. Ship us the stuff early!
All fees must be paid in advance. To register as a sponsor just visit www.sqlsaturday.com and fill out our sponsorship registration form. We’ll email you an invoice that can be paid via credit card or check.
The Raffle – Your Key to Success!
The biggest challenge with community events is capturing contact information for follow ups. Few attendees will have business cards, and having them hand write their info often leads to a 30% or higher loss due to inability to read what they wrote! We provide attendees with a set of pre-printed raffle tickets (see below) that will contain their name and email address; they are then able to put these tickets into the raffle box at each sponsor table to try to win a prize. This gives you 100% readability and 0% loss! It is also more effective than any other technique we’ve seen for trying to capture contact information and that includes scanning their name badge.
Because we want you to be successful all of our sponsorship levels include the requirement that you provide a prize of at least $100 in value, and that you provide a full color 8-1/2 x 11 flyers that highlights the prize(s) you are providing for the raffle.
We provide the raffle box. We will have one table for all absentee vendors placed in the same areas with our onsite vendors. Raffle ticket collection will proceed through the end of the day. If someone from your team is present we’ll ask them to draw the winning ticket, otherwise we’ll draw the ticket. Attendees must be present to win. If there is a physical prize we’ll give it to them, otherwise we’ll forward you their contact information for you to follow up with (for license keys, etc).
After the event we will mail you all the raffle tickets from your box. There may be duplicates; depending on how exciting your prize is attendees may contribute more than one ticket to your box – but that’s a good thing, they are willing to provide you their contact information in return for the chance to win.
We’ll open the doors to sponsors at 7:30 am. Sponsors will be provided with table and two chairs, and limited access to 110v power (please let us know what you need in advance). Tables will be located in the same area as registration and breakfast to make it easy for attendees to stop by your table. We encourage sponsors to remain on site through at least lunch and if possible to have a representative present at the end of the day to present your prize at the end of day raffle.
Lunch will be provided to sponsors that have registered. Please have everyone from your team that will be attending register at www.sqlsaturday.com so that we can have enough food available.
We hope you’ll support this event! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.