Welcome to SQLSaturday #164
SQLSaturday is a training event for SQL Server professionals and those wanting to learn about SQL Server. This event will be held Aug 18 2012 at DeVry University, 4141 Rockside Road Suite 110, Cleveland, OH 44131. Admittance to this event is free, but we do charge a lunch fee of 10.00 so that we can provide a lunch - not pizza! Please register soon as seating is limited, and let friends and colleagues know about the event.----------------------------------------------------------
Pre-Con: Reporting Services: From Rookie to Rockstar in a Day.
Friday, August 17, 2012, 8:00AM - 5:00PMhttp://rptsvcrookietorockstar.eventbrite.com/
workshop provides an introduction to Reporting Services for report
developers having no prior experience with the product by explaining how
to use the development tools effectively, how to present and enhance
data in a report, and how to create dynamic reports. Even if you have
some experience with Reporting Services already, this workshop explores
aspects of Reporting Services that are not well-documented and
unintuitive, providing you with an opportunity to expand your skills and
make the most of this reporting tool. In a jam-packed day of
discussions and demonstrations, you learn:
- How to approach the report development process
- How to manage key components of a report project: data sources, datasets, report items, and data regions
- How to use a tablix effectively to design the layout of data with creative groupings
- How to use expressions to display data or change the appearance and behavior of a report in practical ways
- How to use report parameters with and without query parameters
- How to use data visualization features to enhance the communication of information
- How to add interactivity to reports
- How to work with pagination and rendering features to manage page layout
features and demonstrations in this course apply to SQL Server 2008 and
later, although most functionality we discuss also applies to earlier
versions of Reporting Services.
Misner has over 25 years of experience with improving business
practices through technology and has been providing consulting and
education services for Microsoft’s business intelligence technologies
since 2000. She is a SQL Server MVP, MCITP, MCTS, and has authored or
co-authored multiple books about Microsoft business intelligence
*We do ask that you consider to OPT-IN for the Sponsors of this event. Without their assistance, we cannot bring this FREE event to you. You can always opt-out if and when they contact! Thank you for your consideration.
Click here to view/download event summary in XML format.