Nov 09, 2013
We appreciate you taking time to consider sponsoring SQLSaturday #248 and we’ve put together some information that will tell our about plans for the event and show you how your company will benefit from sponsoring our event.
Think of a SQLSaturday as a one day conference. We bring in a lot of volunteer speakers, we have lunch on site, and we have a dedicated area set up for our attendees meet with our sponsors. We work hard to make our event a great experience for everyone, especially our sponsors that enable us to cover the working costs of this event. We’re expecting 500+ attendees at SQLSaturday #248.
How Much Does It Cost To Be a Sponsor?
Sponsorship ranges from $350 to $750 depending on the package you select, and we’re always willing to discuss custom solutions to meet your needs.
- Bronze Sponsorship. $350 prepaid. Placement on our sponsor page on the SQLSaturday web site, Inclusion in all email and marketing material, Logo included in the printed event guide/schedules given to all attendees upon arrival, Logo included in Guidebook mobile app for SQLSaturday, Option to include a one page flyer (Sponsor must provide flyer, and it must be sent at least 1 week prior to event), Option to donate prizes ($100 minimum value) for end of day event
- Silver Sponsorship. $500 prepaid. Includes all Bronze level benefits, Logo included on attendee gift (usually t-shirts, and dependent upon budget allowing this extra purchase), Logo and link to sponsor website included in Guidebook mobile app for SQLSaturday, One Table in our Sponsor area near the registration table with two chairs (power outlets are limited and guaranteed to Gold and Platinum sponsors first). Donate at least one prize ($100 minimum value) for end-of-day raffle.
- Gold Sponsorship. $750 prepaid. Includes all Silver level benefits, Electronic copy of the opted-in attendee list that includes email, first name, last name and company; if provided, sponsor must agree to provide an opt-out link on all emails sent to the list and to clearly state that the list was obtained at SQLSaturday, Preferred placement of Sponsor table, One email blast sent to all opted-in registrants (no more than one page of HTML), Option to present a 45 minute sponsor-centric track to spotlight your product at lunch break time slot OR present a user focused session. This is limited to the first 6 gold sponsors to pay in full, due to room availability at lunch break. One session only per sponsor. Donate at least one prize ($100 minimum value) for end-of-day raffle.
We also have sponsorship opportunities as a Swag sponsor, Blog sponsor and Friends of SQLSaturday sponsor. These sponsorship levels allow you to showcase your logo that links to your website.
- Swag Sponsorship: Minimum $75 swag cash value. Placement on our sponsor page on the SQLSaturday web site. Mention of your company at raffle and closing ceremony.
- Blog Sponsorship: $25 prepaid. Placement on our sponsor page on the SQLSaturday web site.
- Friends of SQLSaturday: $10 prepaid. Placement on our sponsor page on the SQLSaturday web site.
All fees must be paid in advance. To register as a sponsor just visit www.sqlsaturday.com and fill out our sponsorship registration form. We’ll email you an invoice that can be paid via credit card or check.
The Raffle – Your Key to Success!
The biggest challenge with community events is capturing contact information for follow ups. Few attendees will have business cards, and having them hand write their info often leads to a 30% or higher loss due to inability to read what they wrote! We provide attendees with a set of pre-printed raffle tickets (see below) that will contain their name and email address; they are then able to put these tickets into the raffle box at each sponsor table to try to win a prize. This gives you 100% readability and 0% loss! It is also more effective than any other technique we’ve seen for trying to capture contact information and that includes scanning their name badge.
Because we want you to be successful all of our sponsorship levels include the requirement that you provide a prize of at least $100 in value, and that you provide a full color 8-1/2 x 11 flyers that highlights the prize(s) you are providing for the raffle.
We provide the raffle box. We will have one table for all absentee vendors placed in the same areas with our onsite vendors. Raffle ticket collection will proceed through the end of the day. If someone from your team is present we’ll ask them to draw the winning ticket, otherwise we’ll draw the ticket. Attendees must be present to win. If there is a physical prize we’ll give it to them, otherwise we’ll forward you their contact information for you to follow up with (for license keys, etc).
After the event we will mail you all the raffle tickets from your box. There may be duplicates; depending on how exciting your prize is attendees may contribute more than one ticket to your box – but that’s a good thing, they are willing to provide you their contact information in return for the chance to win.
We’ll open the doors to sponsors at 7:30 am. Sponsors will be provided with table and two chairs, and limited access to 110v power (please let us know what you need in advance). Tables will be located in the same area as registration and breakfast to make it easy for attendees to stop by your table. We encourage sponsors to remain on site through at least lunch and if possible to have a representative present at the end of the day to present your prize at the end of day raffle.
Lunch will be provided to sponsors that have registered. Please have everyone from your team that will be attending register at www.sqlsaturday.com so that we can have enough food available.
We hope you’ll support this event! Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.