Mar 29, 2014
We appreciate you taking time to consider sponsoring SQLSaturday #262 and we’ve put together some information that will tell our about plans for the event and show you how your company will benefit from sponsoring our event.
Think of a SQLSaturday as a one day conference. We bring in a lot of volunteer speakers, we have lunch on site, and we have a dedicated area set up for our attendees meet with our sponsors. We work hard to make our event a great experience for everyone, especially our sponsors that enable us to cover the working costs of this event. We’re expecting 300+ attendees at SQLSaturday #262.
upon the success of the SQL Saturday #203 Boston 2013 event, we are looking to
duplicate as many of the successes for SQL Saturday Boston 2014, including the
same team and venue.
How Much Does It Cost To Be a Sponsor?
Sponsorship ranges from $250 to $1000 depending on the package you select, and we’re always willing to discuss custom solutions to meet your needs.
- Bronze Sponsorship. $250 prepaid. Featured on event website, 1 Page flyer in event bag, Mentions on social media announcements, Logo featured in Event Program, Publicly thanked in opening keynote, Listed as a sponsor in several e-mails to our attendees
- Silver Sponsorship. $500 prepaid. Same benefits as Bronze sponsorship in addition to, Two minute pitch during end-of-day raffle, Logo displayed in Guidebook app, Raffle ticket collection box (as well as the attendee info based on raffle tickets). We provide the boxes and the tickets on your SpeedPASS., Publicly thanked in closing keynote
- Gold Sponsorship. $1000 prepaid, $900 if prepaid by October 15, 2013. Same benefits as Silver sponsorship in addition to List of Attendees (who opt in) Table in exhibition area, 10 minute pitch after the lunch breakout sessions in one of our three multipurpose rooms OR 45 Minutes during lunch in a smaller breakout room to present demos on your company's product or service (only three rooms available), Multi-page flyer (no more than three loose pages) in attendee bag
- Platinum Sponsorship. (Only two available) $1500 prepaid, $1250 if prepaid by October 15, 2013. Same benefits as Gold sponsorship in addition to fifteen
minute pitch after morning keynote OR before end-of-day raffles in the large
multipurpose rooms, first choice of table, plus the opportunity
for one "from our sponsor" e-mail blast to opt-in attendees prior to
- Community Sponsorship, by invitation only. Featured on event website, your swag item in attendee bags AND/OR your item raffled.
We will also be offering several a la carte sponsorship opportunities.
Bag sponsor - your logo printed on one side of our reusable shopping bag. $250
sponsor - signage on the breakfast tables indicating your sponsorship.$250
break sponsor - signage on the food table indicating your sponsorship. $250
dinner sponsor - your opportunity for two of your people to mix and mingle with
our group of rockstar speakers, who will know that you are paying for their
dinner. $500 (paid directly to the restaurant)
Due to space limitations at our venue, we have to restrict which sponsors will have real estate at the venue to gold and platinum sponsors. Silver and bronze sponsors will be welcome to attend our event and network with our attendees, however, they will not have a table. Raffle collection boxes for silver sponsors will be on a consolidated table.
In the event that multiple sponsors are competing for benefits (choice of table, breakout room sessions), ties will be broken by order of sponsorship invoice payment.
All fees must be paid in advance. To register as a sponsor just visit www.sqlsaturday.com and fill out our sponsorship registration form. We’ll email you an invoice that can be paid via credit card or check.
The Raffle – Your Key to Success!
The biggest challenge with community events is capturing contact information for follow ups. Few attendees will have business cards, and having them hand write their info often leads to a 30% or higher loss due to inability to read what they wrote! We provide attendees with a set of pre-printed raffle tickets (see below) that will contain their name and email address; they are then able to put these tickets into the raffle box at each sponsor table to try to win a prize. This gives you 100% readability and 0% loss! It is also more effective than any other technique we’ve seen for trying to capture contact information and that includes scanning their name badge.
Because we want you to be successful all of our sponsorship levels include the requirement that you provide a prize of at least $100 in value, and that you provide a full color 8-1/2 x 11 flyers that highlights the prize(s) you are providing for the raffle.
We provide the raffle box. We will have one table for all absentee vendors placed in the same areas with our onsite vendors. Raffle ticket collection will proceed through the end of the day. If someone from your team is present we’ll ask them to draw the winning ticket, otherwise we’ll draw the ticket. Attendees must be present to win. If there is a physical prize we’ll give it to them, otherwise we’ll forward you their contact information for you to follow up with (for license keys, etc).
After the event we will mail you all the raffle tickets from your box. There may be duplicates; depending on how exciting your prize is attendees may contribute more than one ticket to your box – but that’s a good thing, they are willing to provide you their contact information in return for the chance to win.
We’ll open the doors to sponsors at 7:30 am. Sponsors will be provided with table and two chairs, and limited access to 110v power (please let us know what you need in advance). Tables will be located in the same area as registration and breakfast to make it easy for attendees to stop by your table. We encourage sponsors to remain on site through at least lunch and if possible to have a representative present at the end of the day to present your prize at the end of day raffle.
will need to provide the following details at least one week prior to the
of persons attending (as well as ensuring these persons have registered for the
numbers for items being shipped
or not power will be required at the sponsor's table for monitors or demos
Lunch will be provided to sponsors that have registered. Please have everyone from your team that will be attending register at www.sqlsaturday.com so that we can have enough food available.
We hope you’ll support this event! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.