Mar 22, 2014
We appreciate you taking time to consider sponsoring SQLSaturday #277 and we’ve put together some information that will tell our about plans for the event and show you how your company will benefit from sponsoring our event.
Think of a SQLSaturday as a one day conference. We bring in a lot of volunteer speakers, we have lunch on site, and we have a dedicated area set up for our attendees meet with our sponsors. We work hard to make our event a great experience for everyone, especially our sponsors that enable us to cover the working costs of this event. We’re expecting 300+ attendees at SQLSaturday #277.
How Much Does It Cost To Be a Sponsor?
Sponsorship ranges from $300 to $1200 depending on the package you select, and we’re always willing to discuss custom solutions to meet your needs. We ask local sponsors pay by check as this increases the amount of money going to the event.
- Bronze Sponsorship. $300 prepaid.
· Inclusion of company logo on SQLSat event website page
· Inclusion of company logo in the event guide given to attendees upon arrival
· A basket is provided to collect raffle tickets (or speedPass) with attendees contact information
· Sponsor may contribute a prize for drawing at the closing remarks (Sponsor must provide a document explaining prize)
· Lunch for up to 2 registered guests
- Silver Sponsorship. $600 prepaid.
· All benefits from Bronze sponsor plan
· Exhibitor table with 2 chairs in assigned location where raffle tickets (or speedPass) with attendees contact information can be collected
· One email of up to one page of text, sent by RSSUG, to all participants after the event.
· Option to include content of one quarter of a page in the event guide given to attendees
· Sponsor Literature and/or Evaluation Software may be distributed at the table.
· Lunch for up to 3 registered guests
- Gold Sponsorship. $1200 prepaid.
· All benefits from Silver sponsor plan
· Exhibitor table in prime location (all food will be served in this room)
· Opt-in registrants email list
· Option to deliver a 45 minute sponsor-centric session during lunch in room with projector. This session will be included in the event guide.
· Option to include content of one half of a page in the event guide given to attendees.
All fees must be paid in advance. To register as a sponsor just visit www.sqlsaturday.com and fill out our sponsorship registration form. We’ll email you an invoice that can be paid via credit card or check.
The Raffle – Your Key to Success!
The biggest challenge with community events is capturing contact information for follow ups. Few attendees will have business cards, and having them hand write their info often leads to a 30% or higher loss due to inability to read what they wrote! We provide attendees with a set of pre-printed raffle tickets (see below) that will contain their name and email address; they are then able to put these tickets into the raffle box at each sponsor table to try to win a prize. This gives you 100% readability and 0% loss! It is also more effective than any other technique we’ve seen for trying to capture contact information and that includes scanning their name badge.
Because we want you to be successful all of our sponsorship levels include the requirement that you provide a prize of at least $100 in value, and that you provide a full color 8-1/2 x 11 flyers that highlights the prize(s) you are providing for the raffle.
We provide the raffle box. We will have one table for all absentee vendors placed in the same areas with our onsite vendors. Raffle ticket collection will proceed through the end of the day. If someone from your team is present we’ll ask them to draw the winning ticket, otherwise we’ll draw the ticket. Attendees must be present to win. If there is a physical prize we’ll give it to them, otherwise we’ll forward you their contact information for you to follow up with (for license keys, etc).
After the event we will mail you all the raffle tickets from your box. There may be duplicates; depending on how exciting your prize is attendees may contribute more than one ticket to your box – but that’s a good thing, they are willing to provide you their contact information in return for the chance to win.
We’ll open the doors to sponsors at 7:30 am. Sponsors will be provided with table and two chairs, and limited access to 110v power (please let us know what you need in advance). Tables will be located in the same area as registration and breakfast to make it easy for attendees to stop by your table. We encourage sponsors to remain on site through at least lunch and if possible to have a representative present at the end of the day to present your prize at the end of day raffle.
Lunch will be provided to sponsors that have registered. Please have everyone from your team that will be attending register at www.sqlsaturday.com so that we can have enough food available.
We hope you’ll support this event! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.