Stored procedures — facts and myths
03 Data Platform Track 2
Everybody knows that use of stored procedures offers a number of benefits over issuing T-SQL code directly from an application. In this demo heavy session I am going to explain to you:
1. Why plan caching and reuse is a good thing.
2. How to avoid unnecessary recompilations for plan stability-related reasons.
3. How to avoid unnecessary recompilations for plan optimality-related reasons.
4. When plan reusing is not a good thing and how you can deal with this “Parameter Sniffing” problem.
5. Why you should evade conditional logic inside stored procedures that do data access.