Daily problems with indexing and its - possible - solution
Duration: 60 minutes
Track: Application & Database Development
Have you ever been in the situation that an application performed well the last day and - suddenly - you run into problems? Although you have Index Maintenance jobs and statistics up to date you will monitor a big degrade of performance! This session will demonstrate in a over 80 percent demo based presentation the following scenarios which happend this way in real life!
- Why performance degradation in spite of maintenance jobs?
- just one more database in the result set and the query runs really bad - why?
- usage of literals is completely different from the usage of variables - why?
- identical data types but the query runs in part perfect and in part bad...
- your execution plan shows an INDEX SEEK - but the table will be scanned!
- you get a query from the business which performs really bad but when you test it it runs pretty cool - why?