Understanding SQL Server security
Duration: 60 minutes
Track: Database Administration
The SQL Server security model spans across a number of layers all the way from the OS security down to individual column-level permissions and row-level security, with concepts like owners, inheritance, impersonation, ownership chaining. In this session, I’ll give you a good basic understanding of how to secure your data in SQL Server as well as a look at some common security risks.
* Server principals vs database principals
* Server roles vs database roles
* Windows authentication vs SQL Server security
* Users without logins
* Permissions, GRANT, DENY
* Row-level security
* How permissions inherit across types of objects
* Ownership of objects, impersonation and ownership chaining
No material found.