Duration: 60 minutes
Track: Enterprise Database Administration & Deployment
Database corruption could happen to you. When it happens to you, do you know what to do? Will you realize quick enough that you have corruption?
The presentation begins by talking about how to detect the corruption and the different strategies for handling unique corruption issues.
Highlight of topics
1. Why corruption occurs?
2. Detecting corruption – how SQL Servers detects corruption at the page level.
3. Different types of corruption- e.g. False alarms, memory corruption etc.
4. Limitation of DBCC & how to speed the DBCC process.
5. Undocumented DBCC commands.
6. Monitoring I/O errors.
7. Verifying backup for corruption.
No material found.