SQL Server on Linux - SQL Server 2017 goes cross platform!
Duration: 60 minutes
- How it started - Project Drawbridge, Slava with his brother!
- SQL PAL (SQL Platform Abstraction Layer)
- The (very small) host extension which is platform specific
- Installation with demo,yes that fast!
- Backups and Restores cross platform
- Clustering on Linux
- AlwaysOn Availability Groups cross platform
- SQL Agent for Log Shipping
- Compiling/Deploying CLR code for both platforms with demo
- How the Linux layer is compiled
- Debugging a combined Windows PE and Linux ELF execution including getting a stack dump
- New DMVs for Linux and DMVs which are replaced as they are not cross platform
- Active Directory Integration with demo
- Performance goals
- Limitations with the current implementation