Welcome to SQLSaturday Denmark
Can you believe that this is already the 6th edition of SQLSaturday Denmark ?
This year again we are looking forward to a complete day of free training and networking with plenty of local and international speakers.
This year, for the first time, we will introduce a track of Dynamics 365 - We believe that interaction between the SQL community and the D365 community could benefit all. So please do submit your sessions for the D365 track.
SQL Saturday is a training event for SQL Server professionals and those wanting to learn about SQL Server. Admittance to this event is free, all costs are covered by donations and sponsorships. Please register soon as seating is limited, and let friends and colleagues know about the event.
Full day workshop
This year again we are doing preconference workshops the day before the event (Friday 5th). This is really good value for the money (130 € early bird and 150 € full-price)
We are happy to announce the following 2 precons:
Preconference workshop #3
SQL Server Practical Performance Troubleshooting
by Amit Bansal
Practical Performance Troubleshooting Pre-Con is designed for the working SQL Server professional who has the relevant experience with SQL Server and only needs practical examples of troubleshooting SQL Server performance that can be applied in production right away. In this full-day training, participants will see relevant, crisp, real-world examples of common performance areas.
An 8-hour, 100% demo-oriented delivery on SQL Server Performance Troubleshooting. Basic to Intermediate level, covering important aspects.
- CPU Troubleshooting (Scheduling)
- IO Troubleshooting
- Memory Troubleshooting
- Tempdb Troubleshooting
- Dealing with Deadlocks
- Troubleshooting Indexes
Preconference workshop #2
Move your database to the Cloud: Understand, Design, Migrate, Manage, and Monitor Azure SQL Database
by Jose Manuel Jurado
Understand how Azure SQL Database worksThis Azure SQL Database pre-con provides you the knowledge and tools necessary to understand the capabilities and usage of cloud databases. It will help you get familiar with the Azure SQL Database concepts. It will also help to learn how to migrate, manage, monitor and troubleshoot your Azure SQL Database solution. You will learn the difference between the Azure SQL Database (PaaS) and SQL Server on-premises and which benefits Azure SQL Database can have for your applications and SQL environment. After attending this pre-con, you will be able to:
- Know the newest and most important features to manage your Azure SQL Database
- Design scalable architectures
- Design Disaster Recovery plans
- Manage security on your Azure SQL Database
- Monitor and troubleshoot Azure SQL Database
- Face a migration project
See the full agenda and register here
Preconference workshop #1
Emerging AI Developer
by our very own David Peter Hansen
In this precon, we will focus on hands-on activities that develop proficiency in AI-oriented services such as Azure Bot Services, Azure Search, and Cognitive Services. These labs assume a introductory to intermediate knowledge of these services, and if this is not the case, then you should spend the time working through the pre-requisites.
Most challenges observed by customers in these realms are in stitching multiple services together. As such, where possible, we have tried to place key concepts in the context of a broader example.
At the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Understand how to configure your apps to call Cognitive Services
- Build an application that calls various Cognitive Services APIs (specifically Computer Vision)
- Understand how to implement Azure Search features to provide a positive search experience inside applications
- Configure an Azure Search service to extend your data to enable full-text, language-aware search
- Build, train, and publish a LUIS model to help your bot communicate effectively
- Build an intelligent bot using Microsoft Bot Framework that leverages LUIS and Azure Search
- Effectively log chat conversations in your bot
- Perform rapid development/testing with Ngrok and test your bots with unit tests and direct bot communication
- Effectively leverage the custom vision service to create image classification services that can then be leveraged by an application
See the full agenda and register here