Apr 06, 2013
We appreciate you taking time to consider sponsoring SQLSaturday #203 and we’ve put together some information that will tell our about plans for the event and show you how your company will benefit from sponsoring our event.
Think of a SQLSaturday as a one day conference. We bring in a lot of volunteer speakers, we have lunch on site, and we have a dedicated area set up for our attendees meet with our sponsors. We work hard to make our event a great experience for everyone, especially our sponsors that enable us to cover the working costs of this event. We’re expecting 250+ attendees at SQLSaturday #203.
Due to space limitations at our venue, we have to restrict which sponsors will have real estate at the venue to gold and platinum sponsors.
How Much Does It Cost To Be a Sponsor?
Sponsorship ranges from $250 to $1000 depending on the package you select, and we’re always willing to discuss custom solutions to meet your needs.
- Bronze Sponsorship. $250 prepaid.
- Silver Sponsorship. $500 prepaid.
- Gold Sponsorship. $1000 prepaid.
- Platinum Sponsorship, $1500 prepaid, limited availability
All fees must be paid in advance. To register as a sponsor just visit www.sqlsaturday.com and fill out our sponsorship registration form. We’ll email you an invoice that can be paid via credit card or check.
Understanding the Sponsorship Levels
Platinum - $1500 Prepaid (Limited to no more than two)
- Same benefits as Gold sponsorship in addition to
- Fifteen minute pitch after keynote OR after lunch in the main event hall
- First choice of table
- Choose from one of the below platinum sponsorship opportunities
- Speaker Party Sponsor - Your company listed as the sole sponsor of the Speaker Party on the website, literature and at the event.
- Luncheon Sponsor - Your company listed as the sole sponsor of the Lunch being ordered in the day of the event on the website and literature, along with a sign displayed in the lunch area showing "Sponsored By" with your logo (provided by Team SQL Saturday Boston).
Gold - $1000 Prepaid
- Same benefits as Silver sponsorship in addition to
- List of Attendees (who opt in)
- Table in exhibition area
- Representation on the panel during our "Ask the Experts" session
- Two minute pitch during end-of-day raffle
- 45 Minutes during lunch in a breakout room to present demos on your company's product or service
- Multi-page flyer (no more than three loose pages) in attendee bag
- *IF* attendee shirts are printed, your logo on the back of the shirt
Silver - $500 Prepaid
- Same benefits as Bronze sponsorship in addition to
- URL and marketing materials loaded onto USB drive given to attendees
- Raffle ticket collection box provided by the event organizers along with custom raffle tickets that include our company logo and the attendees email address.
- Publicly thanked in closing keynote
- Your swag item included in the attendee bag
Bronze - $250 Prepaid
- Featured on event website
- 1 Page flyer in event bag
- Mentions on social media announcements
- Logo featured in Event Program
- Publicly thanked in opening keynote
The Raffle – Your Key to Success!
The biggest challenge with community events is capturing contact information for follow ups. Few attendees will have business cards, and having them hand write their info often leads to a 30% or higher loss due to inability to read what they wrote! We provide attendees with a set of pre-printed raffle tickets (see below) that will contain their name and email address; they are then able to put these tickets into the raffle box at each sponsor table to try to win a prize. This gives you 100% readability and 0% loss! It is also more effective than any other technique we’ve seen for trying to capture contact information and that includes scanning their name badge.
Because we want you to be successful all of our sponsorship levels include the requirement that you provide a prize of at least $100 in value, and that you provide a full color 8-1/2 x 11 flyers that highlights the prize(s) you are providing for the raffle.
We provide the raffle box. We will have one table for all absentee vendors placed in the same areas with our onsite vendors. Raffle ticket collection will proceed through the end of the day. If someone from your team is present we’ll ask them to draw the winning ticket, otherwise we’ll draw the ticket. Attendees must be present to win. If there is a physical prize we’ll give it to them, otherwise we’ll forward you their contact information for you to follow up with (for license keys, etc).
After the event we will mail you all the raffle tickets from your box. There may be duplicates; depending on how exciting your prize is attendees may contribute more than one ticket to your box – but that’s a good thing, they are willing to provide you their contact information in return for the chance to win.
We’ll open the doors to sponsors at 7:30 am. Sponsors will be provided with table and two chairs, and limited access to 110v power (please let us know what you need in advance). Tables will be located in the same area as registration and breakfast to make it easy for attendees to stop by your table. We encourage sponsors to remain on site through at least lunch and if possible to have a representative present at the end of the day to present your prize at the end of day raffle.
Lunch will be provided to sponsors that have registered. Please have everyone from your team that will be attending register at www.sqlsaturday.com so that we can have enough food available.
We hope you’ll support this event! Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.