The Premier SQL Server training event in Western Pennsylvania
Registration starts at 8 am, Opening remarks start at 8:30 and the first session will start at 8:50 am. The last session concludes at 4:50 pm to be followed by the raffle and an off site after party.
Friday October 2 - Pre-Cons
Session 1: Brent Ozar, Jeremiah Peschka
Developer's Guide to SQL Server Performance - Live!
You’re stuck with a database server that’s not going fast enough. You’ve got a hunch that the biggest bottleneck is inside the database server somewhere, but where? In this one-day class, you’ll learn how to use powerful scripts to identify which queries are killing your server, what parts of the database server are holding you back, how to tackle indexing improvements, and how to identify query anti-patterns.
In one day of training with Brent Ozar and Jeremiah Peschka, you’ll learn:
- How wait stats tell you where to focus your tuning
- How the plan cache shows you which queries are the worst
- How to make fast improvements by picking the right indexes
- How to identify and fix the most common query anti-patterns
Session 2: John Sterrett
Introduction to High Availability and Disaster Recovery with SQL Server
Cost: $125 until 9/15. $199 from 9/16-10/2
Do you need to build a High Availability (HA) and/or Disaster Recovery (DR) strategy for SQL Server Databases? If so, you will no doubt have questions like:
- What does a good High Availability or Disaster Recovery strategy even look like?
- What options are available to help implement a proper HA/DR strategy?
- What do I do if my database server goes down?
- How do I mitigate downtime for planned outages?
- How much time do I have to recover, and which native SQL Server features helps me reach my goal?
- How does this work with my company’s existing HA/DR strategy? (if they even have one)
Linchpin People is offering this seminar to answer those questions and many more.
In this all-day training, we will help teach you the fundamentals and best practices of building and implementing a full HA/DR Strategy for your company. You will learn how to build a recovery plan by mastering the basics of backups and restores. You will also learn how to implement and monitor log shipping, database mirroring, replication, Windows clustering, SQL Server Failover Clustering Instances, and the new Availability Group features.