Welcome to SQLSaturday in Porto, Portugal
SQLSaturday is a training event for Microsoft data platform professionals and those wanting to learn about SQL Server, PowerBI, Machine Learning Azure, etc. Admittance to this event is free, all costs are covered by donations and sponsorship's. Please register soon as seating is limited, and let friends and colleagues know about the event.
And like the three past events all the sessions will be in English, and we will have national and international speakers.
This year we will have three tracks with the main subjects SQL Server, BI, and Azure and each track will have six sessions, in the end is a full day with eighteen sessions all of them presented by top professionals and all of this for free. Last year we had the presence of 250 attendees we are expecting 300 attendees this year.
For all that are thinking to speak in this event, call for speakers will close in 1st of September so be quick and submit your sessions and please consider to submit more than one to have more chances to be selected, after the event enjoy everything that this incredible country\city as to offer you. Porto has been elected the best European destination in 2017.
In 27 of October in the same place we will have one awesome workshop all the details:
Data Science with Azure Machine Learning Workbench & Docker Containers for Data Platform
Attend to this workshop if you wish to learn/know how to:
Develop & deploying Data Science solutions with the new Azure Machine Learning Workbench & Azure Machine Learning Services.
Use Docker & Containers for data platform workloads, including quick experimentation, reproducibility, scaling & operationalization.
- Contents/Topics covered in the workshop:
- Morning / Docker & Containers for Data Platform
- Introduction to Containers
- Docker Basics (Images, Dockerfiles)
- Advanced Docker (services, clusters)
- Docker Windows Containers
- Visual Studio & Azure
- Afternoon / Data Science with Azure Machine Learning Workbench
- Data Science & Machine Learning Introduction
- Azure Machine Learning Workbench & Azure Machine Learning Services
- Visual Data Wrangling/Data Prep
- Python Scripts & Jupyter Notebooks
- Building & Evaluating Models
- Deploying, managing & monitoring Models
- Compute Environments with Docker & Spark
- Attendee’s desired pre-requisites/profile
Bring along your laptop, this will be a hands-on session!
- Pre-setup of Docker Community Edition and Azure Machine Learning Workbench is strongly advised
- Azure Machine Learning Workbench
- Rui Quintino Data Research, DevScope Senior Architect & Data Fellow at DevScope. Rui works with Microsoft data related technologies since 1998 and currently leads Data Research team at DevScope building and improving products powered by Data, Machine Learning, Deep Learning & Artificial Intelligence. Beyond data technologies, Rui also has past background in web, mobile & security and he likes to mix all of these to get the most out of Microsoft's Data Platform and make the world a better place through the use of data.
- Pedro Sousa lives in Porto, Portugal and he currently works as a Systems Engineer at DevScope. Started working with SQL Server at version 6.5 and although DBA is not his primary role, always had a particular interest for it. Nowadays one of his main focus is Microsoft Azure and integration with on-premises networks, working from the copper wire to the Cloud.
Link to register in this Workshop