Hello everyone !
We are incredibly happy to share the SQLSaturday Portugal Lisbon Edition Workshops that will take place on Friday, 21st of September 2018:
- Using Query Store to Easily Troubleshoot and Stabilize Your Workload - by Erin Stellato
- Azure Analysis Services in a day - by Gabi Münster
Using Query Store to Easily Troubleshoot and Stabilize Your Workload - by Erin Stellato
Erin is a Principal Consultant with SQLskills. Erin discovered a passion for all things data while completing her M.S. in Motor Control at the University of Michigan. As she entered the IT field, she discovered the power of relational databases. During her IT career, Erin has worked closely with customers, users and colleagues to support business solutions across a variety of industries including healthcare, insurance, finance, and government. These experiences provided opportunities to see varied implementations, troubleshoot hardware and software-related problems, give guidance on configuration and design, and provide consultation on optimization, availability, and recoverability. As a result, Erin’s interests include Internals, Statistics, Performance Tuning, Extended Events, and developing HA/DR solutions. More than anything though, she likes to know how SQL Server works, so she can fix it when it breaks.
Here are the content’s preview for Erin’s workshop:
– Have you upgraded to SQL Server 2016 or higher, but still have databases using the old Cardinality Estimator?
– Do you know that you have queries with inconsistent performance, but you’re just not sure how to find them, or fix them, quickly?
– Are you tired of flailing around in SQL Server, querying DMV after DMV to figure out the *real* problem with performance?
Query Store can help.
Sign up for the Using Query Store to Easily Troubleshoot and Stabilize Your Workload now!
Azure Analysis Services in a day
Gabi Münster needs no introduction to the regular attendees of the SQLSaturday Portugal. She has presented a number of times in Lisbon and in Oporto’s editions, and her sessions over the year has enjoyed an ever-increasing popularity.
Gabi Münster is working as a Business Intelligence consultant and teamlead and brings in her experience with SQL Server, data warehousing, relational and multidimensional database design and implementation, report and dashboard design, Master Data Services as well as project management into the community as a regional chapter lead.
The content of the workshop is described below:
You are already using SSAS Tabular mode and are interested in moving into the cloud? Or Tabular Mode is on your roadmap and you are not sure if cloud or on-prem is the right strategy for you? Then this full day workshop could be useful. This hands-on day will give you a first insight into possibilities as well as challenges. We will cover the following topics:
· Overview over the current feature set
· Discussion of strengths and weaknesses from a strategic perspective (e.g. calculating a business case, comparison to Multidimensional and Power BI)
· Create your own Azure Analysis Services Instance
· Import an existing tabular model
· Install and register an on-premise gateway for a local data source
· Integrate the model into a corporate BI landscape
· Look into possibilities for maintenance and automation
Given that the number of available places is quite limited, sign up for Azure Analysis Services in a day – by Gabi Münster now! (and do not forget to bring a laptop for accompanying the hands-on labs!).